dimanche 1 novembre 2020

Wetsuit/Drysuit ?

I recently started to, and find I’m enjoying, paddling in colder weather. I’m also beginning to think, paddling without either a wetsuit or a drysuit is akin to bicycling without a helmet. That said, I’m not really exciting about purchasing or paddling with said gear, and thought I would seek advice to make my decision optimal.

From my SCUBA days, I haven’t found wetsuits all that comfortable out of the water. Also, they don’t articulate particularly well. With paddling, my goal would be to get out of the water as quickly as possible. So my body would have little time to warm up the water captured by the suit, and once out of the water, some of that would drain. Despite the advantageous price of wetsuits, it seems a drysuit would be more comfortable in the boat, and more effective should I really need to use it. Am I missing something?

Regarding drysuits, I find pricing all over the place. I found some “Crewsaver” models and an “O’Neil” model much less than some NSR models. Is this a case of you get what you pay for is a rubber suit with cuffs just a rubber suit with cuffs?
Thanks, Mark


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire