dimanche 3 janvier 2021

Three bobcats?

On 12/27, I was driving slowly down a seasonal dirt road in Franklin County on my way to a hike when I saw a bobcat walk onto the road from the right with a second bobcat following closely behind. Almost immediately, they saw/heard my vehicle, turned around and jumped back into the brush. As I drove up to the spot in the road they had departed from, I was able to look down an access trail along a swamp. Lo and behold, there were three bobcats! They all appeared to be the same size, though I only had about three seconds total to observe them before they disappeared from view down the trail.

I had been under the impression that most wild cats were solitary creatures. Has anyone else seen or heard of multiple bobcats hanging out together outside cub raising season?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire