lundi 29 août 2022

Introduction

Hi, everyone. New member here. My husband and I live in central Vermont, and our main form of recreation is going to the outdoors: hiking, backpacking, car camping, canoeing, etc.

We have done quite a bit of backpacking in Vermont and the White Mountains of New Hampshire, but more and more I am finding that the Adirondacks are the place I most like to go. There are more trails, and more places that are lakes, streams, and forests instead of nothing but ultra-steep mountains. (Sometimes I am in the mood for mountains, sometimes a quiet camp on a lake.)

We tend to avoid the High Peaks and go to the quieter corners of the park, mainly in the eastern half. Our most recent trip was backpacking the Bennett/Middle/Murphy Lake trail in Wilcox Lake Wild Forest.

I have already learned a lot from reading past posts on this forum, and I hope to keep learning and sharing.

VermontDacker


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire