mercredi 1 avril 2020

Any Good (or Bad) Opening Day Stories?

Well here's my doozy... Assume many of you, like me, spend the off-season reading up on/scoping out new grounds. Found just such a spot that I knew would be devoid of the opening day hordes. About an hour's drive and 45 minute hike to get to, but it was the perfect kind of fast pocket water that I like to fish this early in the spring. I'm positioned on a rock such that with a good cast, I can reach a nice pool on the other side of the stream. I slip on the second cast, and there goes my brand new rod and reel. Yes I did attempt a save, but not only did I not get to my gear, but I also got a whole lotta water inside my waders. Suffice it to say that the hike out was cold, wet, and felt like a lot longer than 45 minutes!

Only saving grace is with my old gear in the truck, I did land this nice hold-over stockie (see tail clip). Don't think I can ever recall seeing as many out on opening day as were out today--no doubt "thanks" to COVID. Best of luck to you all this year, and be safe!

NHtroutster

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200401_103517-2.jpg (97.8 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire