mercredi 30 décembre 2020

owning / boarding a horse in the Adirondacks

Hello ADK Forum,

My spouse and I hope to eventually--ignoring the current real estate boom--own a place in the Adirondacks, spending increasing amounts of time there as we transition to retirement (10-15 year plan). We've been visiting regularly and researching to hone in on a locale.

Our biggest priorities are hiking and paddling. But I would also love to own a trail horse -- and house it at a boarding stable, not on our own property.

None of my Googling or exploring has turned up the sort of boarding stable I have in mind. I see fancy show stables near Lake Placid, and I see commercial barns renting horses for tourist trail rides (e.g., near Old Forge). But I don't see places where recreational riders board horses they own and take out on trails.

Does anyone have insight for me on where I'd find these types of stables--and if they exist there? (Or do the folks riding horses on the trails typically have their own horse properties?) My hypothetical dream location would be in reasonable distance of a low-key boarding stable--and paddling, and hiking.

Thanks for any insight!

Lisa


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire