samedi 26 décembre 2020

RIP Pete Hornbeck

Copying this from the Hornbeck Boats Facebook page.
It is with immeasurable heartbreak we must share the news our founder, Peter Hornbeck, died today. His family is in shock. Pete enjoyed Christmas with Ann, Leigh, Josh and his grandsons Rushton and Devlin. He died of a heart attack after a walk in the woods with his family. There was no warning; Pete had a clean bill of health from the cardiologist just this month. We take solace from knowing he went quickly, in the place he loved, with the people he loved most. No services are planned for now, we will host a memorial service in the spring.
I only met Pete once, when I purchased my canoe in 2006. He took me to lunch and talked to me about backcountry canoeing and how he came to be a boat designer/builder. He was a fine man and he will be missed.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire