vendredi 7 mai 2021

Single or double paddle

Recently in hopes of getting my grandkids out on a canoe with me and other things I got a good deal on a used Old Town Stillwater canoe. They have plenty of time out on the water in my sons motor boat at his camp on the St. Lawrence and like going fast in the boat or being pulled behind in a tube, for now I think skiing is in the cards for this summer, so they haven't experienced flat or slow stream paddling. I would like them to, and they would also.
Anyway the Stillwater is anything but sleek at 12' and 42" at center. I bought it really for the stability if I have a couple kids and or maybe my dog with me.With two paddlers it is fine. As a single paddler, even rear facing on the front seat it is kind of a beast.
My question is, would it be worthwhile or advisable to add a center seat when solo and use a 240-250 kayak paddle.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire