dimanche 19 juin 2022

Anyone's guess?

As I sat at a campsite on Shallow Lake, I saw a log being blown by the strong winds. It was poking up at one end only, maybe a 30 degree angle.
Odd...
Well, it wasn't drifting with the wind, in fact it changed direction.
OK, so it's a beaver, there's tons of activity within a stone's throw.

But this thing looked very different from the many beavers I've seen and watched throughout the years.
Very blunt on the end, and when the waves were just right, I could see that it was big.

Whatever it was, it clearly saw me, did a few passes left right and then swam farther away. Occasionally, it would drop below the surface, but pop up again quickly. About twenty minutes of this, and it was gone.
I noticed it again, in the late afternoon, I tried to get any sort of photo, maybe clear enough if you zoom in to figure out what it was.
I have my guess, bit I'm not talking...

Anyway, here's all the pics I have:



Oops, wrong pic!









If none of these are clear enough, here's a link to the same pics on google photos, maybe you can zoom in better there...they're the last couple of photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QPrdbdQv4XeFXfm77


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire