samedi 24 avril 2021

Zoar Valley - Western New York

Zoar Valley, a 3,000+ acre natural wonderland on the border of Erie & Cattaraugus Counties, features one of Western New York's most spectacular gorges. While not quite as popular as the Niagara Gorge or Genesee Gorge, the Cattaraugus Gorge that splits the Zoar Valley M.U.A. is a popular regional destination that attracts hikers, climbers, whitewater rafters, fishermen, wildlife observers, and nudists.

Unfortunately, several people have fallen to their deaths here over the years. The towering cliffs on both sides of the Cattaraugus River are no joke and will kill or seriously injure you if you are not careful. Only attempt to scale them if you know what the hell you are doing, lest you become the next victim.

I have visited Zoar in all four seasons and have enjoyed my experience every time. Some past photos from each season: Winter | Spring | Summer | Fall

This morning's outing was easily my favorite. To my pleasant surprise, I had the entire place to myself for over three hours. It was just me and several bird species including a bald eagle that I observed and photographed. It was a gorgeous day with mild temperatures and ample sunlight. My only complaint is that some views were very difficult to photograph due to the sun's angle at the time. Nevertheless, this was my favorite photo shoot since I visited the Adirondacks last fall.

Here are some of my favorite scenes from today. More photos can be seen on my photoblog that's linked below this post.





























Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire