lundi 15 novembre 2021

How big is your world?

I really don't know much about this app, but you do have to sign up. It's free and no payment info required.

Google maps does not have the capability to make a locus of points at a constant time (per mode of travel) from a fixed point. It can connect single points and do the calculation but this is much more interesting.

If you are looking to relocate, this might be an interesting exercise. It's also nice to compare an area to your current location and see what is in your travel sphere, and how much of that is stuff you value.

I really don't like to travel more than two hours one way without an overnight stay and I rarely do and don't prefer to travel more than 6 hours in a day. It's pretty cool to set up sets of time intervals to local location access.

I'm assuming it uses speed limits of the access roads to determine the max distance in a time. I've checked it against a few known points and it seems right in the ball park - within a few minutes of what I get in real life travel.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled presentation (5).jpg (60.2 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire