mardi 14 décembre 2021

Pharaoh Lake

Thinking of coming back to this area in May for a backpacking trip with my dog. Have been here several times, but never explored the area other than the lake, Grizzle Ocean and Pharaoh Mt itself. Thinking four nights, day hiking from one spot. Of the lean tos in the area (I have been to all of them around the lake and Grizzle), does one stand out above the rest? Always looking for fewer people, but main focus is views from the lean to and accessibility to water. In all likelihood will be heading in from Putnam.

With weather as screwed up as it is, is there any idea how early I would have to be there to avoid the black flies? Not only do these bastards love me, unfortunately they love my dog as well. Definitely going to do Treadway, so even if I need micros, as long as it is still safe for my dog to climb, I prefer a little snow and ice to those demons!!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire