mardi 25 juillet 2017

Inability of software (RideWithGps) to route over OSM rivers with no bridges

Hi TrailBoss (or anyone else familiar with the intricacies of OSM) ,


Recently (sometime in the last couple months) RideWithGps has started refusing to route across a river if no bridge is present in OSM.

For example, following the Van Hoevenberg trail from the Loj it will route over multiple bridges until it gets to Phelps Brook at the end of the low water route. Here it refuses to cross the brook because no bridge is indicated in OSM.

This has become frustrating enough that I will be abandoning RideWithGps as my routing software and looking for something else.

However, before I do I thought I would check to confirm that it is a bug rather than a feature.

Is it possible that RideWithGPS is behaving properly and that the rivers need to be somehow marked as "passable" in OSM?

I tried with BRouter and it navigated across the Phelps Brook where no bridge is indicated. But that doesn't necessarily mean that BRouter is routing "properly" and RideWithGps is not ...

RideWithGPS (like BRouter) was developed for cycling but I do have "optimize for walking" selected as I attempt to route across the rivers.


Thanks for your time,
AP


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire