samedi 29 juillet 2017

Powley Piseco Road...gross

Hey everyone, I just took my first trip up to the Powley Piseco road near Piseco lake to do a little paddling on the East Canada Creek. I was also scouting out the roadside campsites to see if they would work for a buddy of mine to do some non-campground family camping with his young kids. The sites seemed like they had a lot of potential, but when I pulled up to the bridge I was going to launch at, I was met by a drunk guy blaring music from his rv/campsite that had obviously been set up for WEEKS. OK, one drunk guy, no biggie. Then I hit the water, and everything was great, until the shooting started. There were literally HUNDREDS of gunshots, for hours, from at least three different campsites along the creek. It didn't seem to matter where I paddled, I was either met with frat party style howling or the killing fields of Cambodia. Kinda killed my mojo. I realize that your not exactly going to get the serenity of a backcountry campsite along the road, but is this normal? I had read a lot of good things about the sites along this road, so I'm hoping I just caught it on a really bad weekend. Has anyone else had an experience like this? I'd feel kind of bad if my friend's 4-year old got invited to a kegger and then shot.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire