mercredi 4 août 2021

Lake Lila - first time

You were all so helpful in last year's successful Round Lake trip I'm hoping for more sound advice for Lake Lila this year.

Unfortunately due to the way things are scheduled with work, I'll have to come in on a Saturday in August; at least it won't be Labor Day weekend when I visit. So, while I know my site choices will likely be limited by availability, I still want to know the best and worst things about any of the sites from those who have experience.

I'm kayaking (an old Perception America 11.0, so nothing great) with my gear largely in a pack in my lap, so, I'm tempted to just camp on the East end (heck maybe even site 1 or 24?) to save a lot of exertion paddling with my gear, however, I am not opposed to paddling to the West end or anywhere else for a desirable site. I'm trying to convince some folks with a canoe to come and then they can paddle my gear :)

I likely won't even bother with the islands as I don't want to pack in that much wood, although I like the appeal of not worrying about bears. How far from shore is Canada Island (site 6)? That perhaps would be close enough to paddle over and collect wood? I like that it's pretty well away from other sites too.

What's the best time to come in, aka, when do most people who are leaving head out?

I also want to hike Frederica and paddle up Beaver River as far as allowable. How much time is Single Shanty Brook worth devoting to a paddle?

My trip could be from 1-3 nights depending on weather and who, if anyone, comes with me.

I've been to check it out without a boat and walked the carry so I know what I'm in for there and I'll probably try to use my wheels to avoid carrying in my stuff separately.

I also have the Adirondack Paddlers Map for The Whitney Wilderness.

Last thing to note is I have a soft warm bed available on Lake Eaton if weather turns or something else arises so it's easy for me to bail on plans if needed.

With that I thank you in advance and am open to anything I need to know to make the trip a great one.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire