dimanche 8 août 2021

Late August Lake Placid area recommendations

Hey everyone...I will be doing a week in Lake Placid the last week of August. It's not a fishing specific trip but looking to get out a few times. I've been doing a bunch of my own research and thought I'd lay it out here to get some opinions and maybe some other recommendations.

I'd really like to catch some walleye and then trout are probably second on my list. For walleye, I have reserved a boat on Tupper Lake for one morning, its about 40 mins from where we are staying on Mirror Lake. I know Tupper has lake trout too. We can get the boat at 7am...figure we'll throw some live bait along with some spoons and cranks. I don't have much experience fishing up there but assuming for walleye we should be targeting the deeper parts of the lake, especially as it gets closer to late morning. Anything closer to Lake Placid for good walleye action or is this a good plan?

For trout, plan on going out on Mirror Lake a couple times in a kayak or rowboat, and maybe once on Lake Placid itself, have read there are some monster Lakers in there.

Open to any suggestions, both in places to go and methods to try specific to late August to target these fish.

Thanks! And if anyone is ever looking for some info on further downstate fishing in the NYC reservoirs, feel free to ask.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire