vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Pharaoh Lake or Dix Wilderness for weekend backpacking trip?

Hi! My friend and I are heading to the Adirondacks (my first time there, though I've done plenty of backpacking) next weekend. We'd like to do a weekend backpacking loop, looking for something that's pretty well marked trail-wise, and also where we could have a (reasonable) campfire on Saturday night.

Dix and Pharaoh Lake Wilderness both seemed like decent possibilities, but from some online reading I gather: Dix is having bear issues, Pharaoh Lake is very busy this time of year, and while both allow fires in theory, finding downed wood might be an issue in practice.

Anyone been there and can tell me if these are still relevant concerns? Or have any opinion between Pharaoh vs Dix (or another suggestion)?

Thanks!

Edit: I've just realized that's Columbus Day weekend which is apparently very busy? I don't think I've every worked somewhere that gave Columbus day off!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire