lundi 12 novembre 2018

Intro-Career advice for disabled vet's son.

Hi folks,

Looking for some career advice for my son.

I'm a long time 'Dacklover. Used to hike, hunt, & fish all over before my injuries. Now, I explore backroads, dirt roads, and CP-3 trails with my MAPPWD permit on an old Ural motorcycle & sidecar towing a tiny 350lb motorcycle tent trailer. I miss the trails, but my wife and I still manage to get out there, and pride ourselves on being gentle and leaving no trace.

My son is who I'm asking for advice about. He's mid 20's and has a bachelor's from SUNY in Expeditionary Studies. He's currently teaching English in Korea, so he's not exactly exploiting his degree like he could.

Without meddling, I'd like to be able to make a few suggestions here and there. Obviously, he could go to Paul Smith's for forestry, and move into ranger or warden territory, but there's gotta be something else.

So, I'm looking for jobs/careers in the Adirondacks or Greens over in VT. He's got a wonderful eye behind the camera lense, and obviously hiking, kayaking, etc., would help him get to the more remote photo ops. But I see SO MUCH stunning photography from our area, I can't help but doubt there's room for a career in it.

So, give me some suggestions, please. How can I help guide him?

Thanks
Donny


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire