dimanche 26 juillet 2020

Bartlett Ridge, Haystack, Gothics water question

Hello
I’m planning a long day hike for mid-August. Specifically, I will park off 73 by Roaring Brook and the Ausable Club, take the club road all the way to the end, go up and over Colvin, up Blake (since I’ll be there), then down to the Ausable Lakes and up the Bartlett Ridge to the south side of Haystack. Go up and over Haystack, Basin, Saddleback, and Gothics to return to the Club Road via the Beaver Meadow Trail.
My biggest concern on these long day hikes is always water. Based on the map, I’m not too worried about water until past Crystal Brook on the way up Bartlett Ridge. A couple questions:

A) Is Haystack Brook between Lil’ Haystack and Basin a reliable place to fill up, without having to detour from the State Range Trail?

B) If so, is Haystack Brook the only reliable place to fill up between Big Haystack and Gothics? Anything between Haystack Brook and the one along Beaver Meadow Trail? (I’ve come down off Gothics via the Ore Bed Trail before, but I don’t remember whether you actually cross the Brook between Gothics and Saddleback, or whether I would have to descend to it, which I don’t really want to have to do...); and

C) as always, any thoughts or general comments about this route would be welcome.

Thanks!
Tom


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire