jeudi 17 septembre 2020

Allegany State Park

With nearly 65,000 acres of land, Allegany S.P. is the largest state park in New York. It's a great place for hiking, cycling, kayaking, swimming, camping, and other outdoor recreational activities.

I recently visited the park to train for my upcoming Adirondacks trip. Starting an hour before sunrise, I hiked/walked close to 20 miles on trails ranging from easy to moderate ("difficult" trails are difficult to find in this half of the state). I also did some off-trail exploration, working my way around thorns and having a brief encounter with a black bear deep in the wilderness. It was only the second bear I've ever seen in the wild and the first I've seen while hiking.

Here are some photos from my recent outing, starting with a post-sunrise scene where effects of the West Coast wildfires are evident thousands of miles away.

























More photos can be seen here and a winter photo gallery can be found here.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire