samedi 9 octobre 2021

1 week, little portage trip suggestions

I was on a thru hike of the Vermont Long Trail when I sprained my knee 12 days in. I managed 27 miles on it and could not take another step. I gave it a few days and then headed to Long Lake with a friend. We took a week and paddled to Tupper Lake, and then did a side trip into Bridge Brook Pond. Now I am home and feeling quite anxious to be wasting the time off I saved up for two years to do my hike.

My wife can drop me off in the ADKS this Tuesday and pick me up the following Tuesday. Any suggestions for a trip, preferably a scenic river with little portaging, and little interruption from "civilization"? I can't do any major portaging, say not more than .5 miles.
My fall back will be a paddle around Low's Lake. I did a Low's trip last year. While I do love the area, I found it to be too crowded for my taste. There was one weekend that every single campsite was full! Granted that was in July.
Thanks for the suggestions!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire