mardi 5 octobre 2021

Camping near axton landing, stoney creek ponds?

Hello everyone. My friend and I are going to paddle-camp up by Axton Landing on the Raquette River. We have never been there so I thought I'd ask for any suggestions. I see we could paddle west from Axton Landing, toward Crusher and Tupper Lake, and there are several campsites along the way... or we could do the opposite and go east then north up to Stoney Creek Ponds, where there are 6 campsites as well.

I'd be happy to hear opinions on whether one set of campsites is necessarily "better" or more desirable than the other, Raquette River vs Stoney Creek Ponds. Whichever way we go to camp, we thought we'd explore the opposite direction on the following day, not camping, just paddling with unladen boats. Or possibly go south on Raquette toward the falls if that's a better paddle.

Thanks for any insights, really appreciate it.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire