dimanche 18 février 2018

Murphy Lake Lean-To 17Feb2018

My wife and I continue our exploration of the Southern ADK with Murphy/Middle/Bennett lakes from Creek Rd. The trail is probably the most marked I have ever seen, seemed like there was a marker every 50 Ft. I was disappointed to find the Lean-To in a less than desirable status. I understand why people use tarps in cold weather (even tho they aren't supposed to) but to leave everything behind makes me a bit aggravated. We cleaned up as best we could and packed out (2) of the tarps along with a grocery bag of garbage but just didn't have enough room for it all. We'll be back to hike it from Pumpkin Hollow next month and will pack out the remaining tarps if they are still there. I think Murphy Lake or Middle Lake will be a great place to overnight and have added it to my list for spring/summer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gweil1...h/39631717614/


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire