mardi 8 mai 2018

Inn for the night

I live in Rochester and have family business that takes me to Plattsburgh sometime in the next two weeks. Was looking at hotels/motels in Plattsburgh but none look as comfortable as my hammock. So I am thinking of splitting the trip and stopping off on way up and/or back and getting in a quick night under the stars.
  • Trail-head on or close to one of the several routes that cut through (28, 30, 8, 9, etc.)
  • Designated campsite preferred, Lean-To ok but I would move 150' away.
  • Waterfront location preferred
  • Far enough in so I do not hear highway but less than 3 miles
  • Well established trail that can be followed with dwindling sunlight (experienced hiking at night but I do not wish to bushwhack.)
  • Easy to moderate grade preferred if trail is on long side
  • Might be fun to tread on the NPT some

I would welcome your thoughts. I winter hammock so I am ok with snow (saw it in Catskills last week) and low temps.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire