lundi 25 septembre 2017

Time for another peak

a couple months ago I did my very first Adirondack hike (Avalanche Lake Mount Marcy Loop) It was "hard" yet amazing. 16.9 miles was perfect. I learned a lot from the first hike, like treating water and not freezing to death. No seriously, I slept in a Hammock, with 3 layers of tops and 1 pair pants, 2 pairs of socks and my hiking boots oh and 2 winter hats. I spent all night without a single minute of sleep, just watching the seconds go by on my apple watch wishing it was morning but it felt like an eternity, at 3 am I remembered my friend had his extra Army issued tent, so with my phone light i looked through his bag and of course i could not put it together so i threw it over my hammock lol then condensation happened lol and those little water drops got super cold lol Not sure how I managed to start climbing out of Avalanche lake area to Marcy with no sleep. Maybe i Shouldn't sleep in front of such a huge body of water.

Anyway I learned a lot, So we are now looking for a similar hike, Hard and overnight, I would like to do a couple of peaks in the area, and do all 46 someday. Any ideas? trails?

Also I am in NYC, I share a car with my mother. Is there any other way to get to a trail? Amtrak maybe? If not fine, just looking at other options as plan B.

One more thing, while climbing the tougher part of Marcy a guy zoomed passed us going down. He was super tall, slim, long limbs and made everything look so easy meanwhile we were trying not to slip or step wrong a break an ankle. Are you on here? that was incredible. Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire