vendredi 6 avril 2018

Moose River Plains Newbie

Hey all, I'm ready to say goodbye to old man winter and start camping season '18. Anyone else? I'm usually a paddle-in camper, but I'm thinking of heading up to Moose River Plains to do some easy peasy van camping with a small group of friends and their youngish kids. I've never been to this neck of the woods, so I was hoping to get a little input from the hive.
First of all, I'm thinking of heading up in late April/early May in a (futile) attempt to miss the black flies. Is the road usually open by then? I'm sure the mud/road conditions are different every year, but would it be crazy to try getting a 2WD VW van in around that time? Would I be crazier to tell my friend to haul a small camper up there?
Also, any campsite recommendations would be great. We are paddlers, so water access would be a bonus. I think we will all have hornbecks, including the kids, so carries are a plus not a minus. A little distance from neighbors would be preferable, as we're looking for as much nature and solitude as a car campsite can be expected to provide. If we had to pick between quiet solitude and water access, we would pick solitude...we can always drive to water. I got a rather firm tongue lashing from a few in the forum once, for asking about remote canoe camping spots. In hindsight, asking for secret remote destinations on a public forum was an admittedly dumb idea, but if it doesn't hurt your sensibilities to much, a Moose River Plains campsite recommendation PM would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire