lundi 2 avril 2018

opener reports?

I take it from the lack of activity here that either no one got out or if they did and had no luck.

I went out yesterday morning at crack of dawn as the snow squalls were moving through and got skunked. Water was high but fishable. Unfortunately, the clarity was the biggest problem with even the small tribs looking like yoo-hoo.

Participated in family Easter activities until mid afternoon then headed back out. Same situation but I went to a spot that has a small trib draining into the muddy main stream that happened to be almost clear. In the roughly 12 years I've been fishing this particular spot, I always drop a cast or two into the small hole where the trib drains in because in my mind I've always thought there must be a time when a fish would be there. And in 12 years I've always been wrong...until yesterday. I was swimming my bugger through the coffee water into the clear and sure enough right behind it was a medium sized brown trout. I of course overreacted and pulled the fly away from this lethargic trout so he had to exert more energy to swipe and miss it when a good pause would have surely connected, leaving me cursing myself on the bank.

Was also in Old Forge Saturday and yes folks we have a long ways to go for pond fishing. Everything I saw was frozen shore to shore. There's some open water near channels and such but the main lakes are locked. We're looking at the end of this month or early May realistically.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire