samedi 31 mars 2018

1000 Acre Swamp

Today I had to stick close to home, so I went to explore the 1000 Acre Swamp area between Edinburg and Lake Desolation. The trails up there are closed for snowmobiles, but there is still plenty of snow to enjoy. Little Hans Creek is much more open than it was when I was there the last time. (Photo 1) I did go back to see the spot where I fell thru the ice a couple of weeks ago. (Photo 2). Much to my complete surprise, I could actually see my lost snowshoe hung up on something under the water. It was about 25 feet downstream from where I fell in. (Photo 3). I couldn't get to it today, but once the snow melts, I'm going to go get it. After all, I know for a fact that water is only knee deep. ;) Afterward, I went back to the trails and wandered, just enjoying the sunshine and warm temps, and watching Spring make it's slow appearance. (Photo 4).

Oh yeah, I saw some moose tracks too. Score!!!

Kath

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thousand Acre 2.jpg (129.4 KB)
File Type: jpg Thousand Acre 3.jpg (124.0 KB)
File Type: jpg shoe.jpg (134.9 KB)
File Type: jpg Thousand Acre 4.jpg (120.6 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire