mercredi 7 mars 2018

Backcountry ski trails around Paul Smiths

Hi, I'm looking for some ideas for backcountry trails, i.e. not necessarily the groomed trails around the PS VIC.

I canoed / carried out to Fish Creek last summer and I'm looking at taking the ski trail out there. Always nice to see the changing seasons. However that trail may be a little long and I'm wondering about other trails in the area. I'm guessing it's possible to ski up to St. Regis Pond.

On the other side of the 30 the map shows a trail out to Grass Pond. Anyone know if that's ski-able? Another idea might be to ski the railway tracks west through the Saint Regis Canoe Area. That'd be a nice flat route, and fairly scenic, going along Hoel and other ponds. But would I risk encountering snowmobiles? In general are there areas to avoid if one wants to stay away from snowmobile trails?

Not too worried about rough trails, I have BC gear.

Any other ideas?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire