samedi 3 mars 2018

Pine Orchard Snowshoe

Hi All

Today I decided to enjoy the snowy gift Mother Nature sent us yesterday. I took the dogs on a snowshoe outing to Pine Orchard from Dorr Rd. The road was plowed all the way to Flaters. However, the last mile was still a bit sketchy for my little Honda, and the parking lot wasn't plowed at all. I had to shovel out a parking spot. It was a good warm up for the trip.;)

I was the only one to sign in to the register in more than a week. The trail was clean and unbroken (Photo 1). It was well marked and easy to follow. (Photo 2). The spot where the snowmobile bridge crosses Mill Creek was especially lovely (Photos 3 & 4). I spend quite a bit of time there just savoring the beauty and solitude. I broke trail the whole way (Photo 5). I reached the area of Pine Orchard and continued on exploring for maybe a half mile more. Then I had to head back. I found a large stump in Pine Orchard (Photo 6) that was the perfect place to take a break. I munched on snacks and sipped hot coffee from my thermos while sitting among those giants.

All too soon, I had to head back. It was such a wonderful trip. I will definitely be back to visit again.

Kathy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pine Orchard 3.jpg (129.1 KB)
File Type: jpg Pine Orchard 4.jpg (131.5 KB)
File Type: jpg Pine Orchard 6.jpg (128.5 KB)
File Type: jpg Pine Orchard 7.jpg (119.3 KB)
File Type: jpg Pine Orchard 5.jpg (140.5 KB)
File Type: jpg Pine Orchard 8.jpg (97.5 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire