dimanche 4 mars 2018

Jessup River typical summer conditions?

I know it's pretty silly to be planning this far ahead, but I've been thinking about this summer's trip for a few months already. I am planning to return to Indian Lake in August and looking at putting in where 30 crosses the Jessup. I know the water level is very weather-dependent, but is two way traffic ever practical on the Jessup? It seems like almost all of the reports I have read are from people putting in at one of the bridges and going downstream from there, and usually their trips seem to have been earlier when the water might have been higher. I will be traveling in my Kite canoe with a double paddle and somewhat of a load of camping gear.

Putting in on the Jessup would make a little bit of an easier one-day bicycle run than going up to where I usually put in north of the campground headquarters, and I would like to explore the Jessup while I am in the area since it has been so highly spoken of on here. My plan (if practical) would be to paddle upstream on my first full day as far as I have time for, and then to paddle back down to Route 30 and onward to the lake. I know there is a rock garden above where Dug Mt. Brook comes in but I have read that it may not be too hard to portage around. Then at the end of my trip I would come back up the river to Route 30 and rejoin my bicycle. If anyone could shed any light on whether this is a reasonable thing to contemplate I would appreciate it. If not I can just check out the Jessup a little and then bicycle up to the lake with the canoe. Thank you very much.
Zach


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire