mercredi 19 décembre 2018

MSR Evo?

I have rented snowshoes for a few high peak ascents. I think I have rented the basic MSR Evo once or twice (22"), Tubbs tube framed Wilderness (25") and MSR Lightning Ascent.

The Evo's seemed to do well. I sort of remember liking the metal rails they had, seemed easier side stepping on ice rather than the tubes. But different hikes, different slopes and weather. Evo's are short but offer "tails". ANd of course they are inexpensive - at $140 less than half the $300 ascents.

I had a much larger pair of Atlas but sold them because they seemed way to big for high peak trails.

I am curious what others are wearing for use in ADK. High peaks and otherwise. I am 215lbs.

I am shying away from brands other than MSR and Tubbs - looking for well reviewed brand names but maybe that is short sighted.

your thoughts?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire