mardi 14 mai 2019

St Regis area

Hi all, looking for a little advice. Going to be up in the northern end of the ADK's on Thursday & Friday, thinking about staying at Deer Valley Trails cabin, anyone have any experience there? Backup will be hotel in Malone, but I'd rather support the local places. I've never been in the St Regis area but here its wonderful for paddling. Weather cooperating, I may get a quick couple hour paddle one day and maybe a half day or so the next day to paddle. I know the water will be cold, but I assume all the ice is out? I don't have neoprene but I'll wear the best I have, perhaps the spray skirt and pack additional clothes in drybag. That said I've never capsized and I'm looking for calm waters, I'll likely be using the Boreal Designs Alvik (17') don't want anything tricky or too rocky. Any suggestion for something in that area that would give me some easy paddling and where to put in? Are the black flies out in force yet?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire