mardi 25 juin 2019

My First Time On Little Tupper Lake

I'm 100% spinning and mainly for bass but I do break out the ultralight rig and hit Siamese Ponds Wilderness, Lake George Wild Forest and Moose River Plains often enough. I pulled in a nice 15" brookie out of Lake George Wild Forest this past Friday, along with a couple smaller rainbows and one smaller brown.

So I decided to finally get up to Little Tupper yesterday and try my luck. It was a good afternoon for bass, not so much for trout. I pulled in a 13, 16 & 19 inch largemouth and if I stayed with the pattern I probably could have pulled them in all afternoon long. I also pulled in half a dozen yellow perch and probably could have pulled in dozens upon dozens if I wanted. I was shocked how bad the situation is.

After getting back I did a little digging around and found an article by Richard Preall on the Windfall strain. Has anyone fished either Mountain or Black Ponds? From the article it sounds like it might be worth putting in with my kayak and giving one or the other a try.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire