lundi 1 février 2021

Blue Mountain Lake - July Lakers & Salmon?

I know July is a long way off, but it’s never too early to start gathering intel for a fishing (err... family vacation) trip in early July right? I will be staying on the water and fishing every day at sunrise until lunch or so from my kayak rigged with a depthfinder, a small downrigger, and a leadcore rod. I’ve never fished in the Adirondacks before but have learned to catch lakers on lake Winnipesaukee on jigging spoons in Early July (but the landlocked salmon are another story), with some trolling success.

I’ve researched a depth map of the lake and see areas to explore for lakers. My primary questions are:

1) what depth ranges should I target for each species?
2) what lures are likely to be best for each? I’ve got a good assortment of jigging spoons. My few trolling flutter spoons are all about 2.5”. Is this the right size? Should I consider flies? With an attractor “dodger” spoon? Are minnowbaits (Rapala, etc) good options?

I may also chase smallmouths some, but I think I have all options covered for them.

Thanks in advance.

P4B (Jeremy)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire