lundi 22 février 2021

Hitchens Pond Overlook 2.14.21

Living in Tupper Lake I usually trail run this little vista just south of town in nicer weather. I usually get the urge to visit at least once each winter. Last week I decided to give it a go. Usually the parking is much closer at a gate but plowing adds a little over 2 miles each way. The start went quickly on snowmobile trail for the first 2 miles. The rest was not touched except for a lone deer track. I skied down to Hitchens Pond and the Dam. I switched to snowshoes for the trail to the "summit" The route was unbroken and unconsolidated at 30 inches deep. The ski was tolerable but the snowshoe was quite a trudge. RT it was about 10.7 miles
Full TR and photos at my website at the link below as well as some summer and wildlife photos from past trips in the area.

http://www.tomcatsadventures.com/202...-overlook.html





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire