lundi 27 février 2017

How to tell if my body needs more rest vs me being lazy?

I've been out of my normal exercise routine for a while and am starting to get back into it. (When fully back in, its 2 2-hour Muay Thai classes, 2 1.5 hour BJJ classes, and 1 hour of weight training. Sometimes an hour or two of yoga class as well, depending on how much time I have.)

One problem that I know I have is that until I've gotten fully back into my routine, I have a tendency to try to talk myself out of going for various reasons.

For instance, I hadn't been to BJJ in a while, then went last Weds & Thurs.
I had planned on going to Muay Thai on Saturday but didn't for various reasons (mostly being lazy).

I weight trained yesterday (Sunday) and planned on going to Muay Thai today.
I did pack all my gear up despite not feeling very awake/energetic this morning--I often feel kinda meh in the morning til I get my coffee.

My mental state today has vacillated between "I feel fine I should definitely go" and "Wow just standing up and walking to the bathroom my muscles feel kinda worn down today, maybe I shouldn't go".

How do I tell if I really do need to rest, or if I'm just trying to rationalize an excuse not to go?

(If I don't go today I plan to go to the kickboxing class at my BJJ place tomorrow... that would be 1 hour of kickboxing followed immediately by 1.5 hours of BJJ. I prefer the Muay Thai place though cause they spar every class, while the BJJ place only offers a fundamentals class with padwork & bag work but no sparring.)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire