dimanche 26 février 2017

Trail resgisters

I know this topic has come up in discussion on several threads, but I couldn't find one dedicated to it.

When I go out into the woods, even in a local park, I'm pretty good about signing into the trail registers. I know there's an issue about DEC not collecting or reporting the data on some trailheads. While that's important, I think the main reason I sign in is in case something happens, the SAR crews will have an idea where to start looking for me.

One of the things that cheeses me off when it comes to trail registers are the "snowflakes" who feel the need to sign in anywhere but the next line down in the book. Skip a couple pages, use the back page, write upside down, etc. On a recent hike in the Pharaoh Lake Wilderness, Tredhed and I came across this trail register with a pretty firm statement by the rangers.



The pages date back to Oct, 2016. So far, everyone's been good about it. We'll see how long it lasts. :eh?:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire