lundi 6 novembre 2017

A solid deer hunting plan goes fowl

I had a solid plan in place as I returned for a 2 night hunt i.e. I would still hunt the “low” lands Friday afternoon and then Saturday am I would head up before sunrise to the top of the mountain and still hunt the top ridges. All went according to plan however there was a paucity of any deer sign… no rubs or scrapes and there was nothing on my cameras. I did have a spooky raven encounter that squawked near me early Saturday am and then, at dusk, flew overhead… perhaps it was an omen. The highlight of the trip occurred while I was having a drink near shore Saturday afternoon when two mallard ducks flew in… (opening day for waterfowl in the northeastern zone) I was prepared for such an event… and so I enjoyed some nicely roasted ducks this week.

The video:

https://youtu.be/taB6chkSep4



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire