vendredi 10 novembre 2017

Big browns on the fly

Here are some photo's from my last 2 fishing trips of the season. Broke a lot of personal best's and ended the trip with new personal recorded of 24.75 lb female brown trout, weighed on an igfa certified scale, she was taken on a stone fly using a 9'6" 7wt rod and 10ft 4x leader. I've never personally experienced the type of power that this fish exhibited until that morning. At first I thought it was a snag until the snag started to move extremely slowly. There was nothing I could do to move her, I was at her mercy and she stayed in the hole just holding in the muddy torrent of water at the tail out section of this particular pool which is only about 5ft deep. All at once she ran me well in to my backing and I had to chase her down stream about 200 yards as she bulldogged and ran towards any form of cover, nearly breaking me off numerous times. Luckily I had my lucky hat on and it served it's purpose well because finally after a fifteen nerve racking minutes I put her in the net... it wasn't easy and she barely fit but after the 4th net dodge she went in and stayed in...exhausted I hauled her back up stream slowly submerged in the water and took some pictures before giving her the send off. Of course I would catch all my 14 to 24lb fish when I'm fishing alone. Thankfully she swam away in perfect health with no hesitation and half a day later she was landed by a guided fly fisherman up stream on a similar pattern and she was released again. The crazy thing is there were only a hand full of people on this two mile stretch. It just goes to show you that c&r should always be considered and practiced where necessary, which in my opinion is nine times out of ten. That fish that had never been caught once in its life made the day of not one but two fly fisherman and will likely remain the fish of our life times. I hope she remains heathy and can live out the rest or her fishy life until it's her time to go. I know they're technically invasives but since it's a situation we put ourselves in we might as well respect the fishery. Also, there are some pictures of the larger more memorable fish from the two trips. Hope you enjoy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10102017212756.jpg (143.7 KB)
File Type: jpg 1010201721290.jpg (124.9 KB)
File Type: jpg 1010201721402.jpg (125.7 KB)
File Type: jpg 10102017214026.jpg (123.2 KB)
File Type: jpg 10102017221340.jpg (145.6 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire