mercredi 15 novembre 2017

First Adirondack Buck

This afternoon I harvested my first ADK buck! He is not a smasher by any means but nonetheless he is a great buck. He will easily dress out to 160 lbs. Crotch horn with one side completely broke off from a fight I assume. No pics but I am working on a camera for X mas. I was watching a series of scrapes, 8 to be exact, the last scrape was the most intense and the the freshest. It reeked like a scrape should smell like I guess. So, I punched the coordinates into my GPS put a few drops of doe in estrous and made a huge loop around the area. I also found good moose sign where I was which was super cool.

Fast forward to 3:00 PM or close to it. Made it back to my coordinates and hunched down next to a big beach and decided to text my friend while I was waiting for sunset. Chatted for 5 minutes put the phone down and there he was heading towards the hot scrape! I raised my 270 and squeezed! He jumped from the hit and ran 50 and said no more. I was one mile back in from my vehicle. The longest drag to this date, not an easy task getting him to the motor vehicle but worth it guys. Clean heart shot with nothing but jelly left inside.

So, two this season and a tag for southern tier left. Good feeling inside people knowing I harvested my deer for the winter ahead. Delicious organic venison is hard to beat.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire