dimanche 26 novembre 2017

First ADK Moose River Plains Hot Tent Buck Hunt

After getting inspired from reports from Bioguide and Robin I've been reading and listening to Elinskas, DiNitto, Benoits, Hal Blood and dreaming of an Adirondack hunt.

So my friend and I drove in to the MRP and found a campsite near lost ponds to pitch my snowtrekker hot tent.

https://youtu.be/cSjIVMQKke0

As first timers to the area we explored a lot of trail, beat feet and then did some tracking when we were lucky enough to have a snow dusting.

I knew how difficult the hunting would be but was still surprised at the minimal sign and tracks. The deer density seems so low it appeared to me far more likely to see moose or bobcat or fisher.

Despite the challenge, I can only hope to return and try again. Just wish I knew some adventurous folks who would be up for sharing a camp and who have 4 wheel drive trucks to access the area. My Subaru Outback doesn't seem to make the cut on those roads this time of year.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire