mardi 19 décembre 2017

Hot Tenting

I have been trying to get into this for a while. I enjoy cold camping in winter, and have gear rated to cold temps. But it would be oh-so-nice to have the option to warm up, cook in comfort or dry off gear.

There are options for us hammock campers but I think I would be happy with just a warming tent to get out of the cold, cook, relax a bit before turning in. I would not hot tent without a sleep system rated for the temps w/o hot tent. Seek Outside has some nice low weight options and Lite Outdoors has a low weight stove. I also see people modding a $200 Mountain Guide Tarp.

The Winter Trekkng people swear by SnowTrekker tents but they are a bit expensive. I see other wedge tents and cabin tents and even bell tents made of fire retardant canvas.

I understand that you'd have to feed the stove so wandering around trying to gather and process enough wood would need to be included in planning. But again - if only for a warming tent, not expecting stove to stay lit 8 hours.

So my question is who has what and how do you like it?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire