mardi 12 décembre 2017

Winter Camping Suggestions Please

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice and or suggestions. I'm thinking about heading up to the Adirondacks for a 2 or 3 night winter camping trip, around December 28-30/31. Right now I'm leaning towards checking out the Pharaoh Lake area probably approaching from the south up the Pharaoh Lake Trail. If I am reading my maps right, this looks to be about 3 mostly flat miles from the parking area to the lake.

If I go I may be alone and I am looking for a trip that won't involve a lot of elevation or be too strenuous for me. I would probably hike to an area and setup a basecamp and then explore around the area a bit. I've read that the area gets heavy use so I'm re-thinking my location.

Does anyone have any other ideas that might fit the bill for a relatively short flat hike in to experience some scenic Winter camping in the Adirondacks? I'm an intermediate camper/backpacker with winter camping experience in Harriman and the Catskills, but those were normally one night trips. I plan to pull my gear on a pulk and have the gear to be warm in temps below 0F.

Thanks for any suggestions.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire