dimanche 24 décembre 2017

Winter Overnight Boot Selection

Hi All,

I'm want to try my hand at winter camping and do my first trip this year. My main hang-up currently is selecting the proper footwear and I'm looking for some advice on winter boot selection. I've been reading up on other threads and have seen some great suggestions, but many of those seem like boots that wouldn't be good for overnight camping due to them freezing. I have been looking at purchasing Muck Boots, perhaps the Artic Sport Mid Height model thinking that because of their construction they would be less prone to freezing. I could perhaps add a wool/felt liner to the boot to take out each night and put in the sleeping bag to dry at night. Does anyone else use these boots, or something similar, for winter camping? Are they comfortable to hike in? The military surplus mickys seems like they would fit the bill, but they seem clunky and uncomfortable. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Thanks in advance, happy trails and happy holidays!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire