jeudi 21 décembre 2017

Keeping toes warm when winter hiking

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some opinions and advice on winter hiking and gear, specifically on keeping your toes warm. I developed a circulation problem with my toes a couple of years ago which is primarily activated by cold, and I haven't done any winter hiking since then; but I'd like to have a go at trying it again and see how my toes react. I already own and know how to use all the regular day-hiking winter gear - wool outer socks, poly inner sock liners, gaitors. I researched this topic online and I've seen some sites recommend using chemical toe warmers. One hesitation I have in using them is how the wear-and-tear of hiking, over the course of several miles, will impact them. I've also thought of adding a third sock layer specifically to cover my toes, but at that point all those layers might be too thick for my boots. Does anyone have any practical advice on this topic?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire