dimanche 28 janvier 2018

Map of Fracking Sites in Adirondacks and NYS

Hi Folks,

It's my understanding fracking is occurring or may be in planning stages for many NY state locations. It's also my understanding that some of the current or planned fracking sites may interact with both DEC managed park and other lands. I searched for more information on this, where I hoped to find GPS coordinates (or a map) of these sites, however found little information. I thought I would at least find a map for the NYS parks, however again found little information. The only information I found shows a vague map of shale deposits towards the Western park of New York. This map actually contradicts other information I observed about these sites being in parts of the Catskills and Adirondacks, which are further North.

For the sake of understanding this better, does anyone have knowledge of these fracking sites or guidance on where the information exists? I would expect at least ADK to actively be promoting such accurate maps to inform the public.

Thanks so much,
Nick


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire