lundi 19 août 2019

Grace Peak from 73

My plan now that I have decided to not take on any bears at Colden by myself is to backpack the approximate 3 1/2 miles to the camp site on the herd path from 73 towards Grace. I hope to be able to ascend the slide and get in a few of the mountains up there. Already have done Dix and will most likely leave Macomb for another day. With that in mind, is there anything any of you think I need to be especially aware of? I know crossing the Bouquet can be tricky (it got me twice), but anything that might help me would be greatly appreciated. At 68 I really don't need to find out the hard way if possible!!! In addition, I will have at least one of my dogs with me. She has done multiple peaks, including down/up Saddleback and Basin, Gothics, Whiteface from the landing, etc. Is there a reason (of course there is a reason, but I don't know it) that very few climb from this location and prefer instead to ascend the rocky Macomb slide instead?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire