lundi 5 août 2019

Help in choosing a mid to high end strong / comfortable heavy load hauling backpack.

I'm thinking about replacing my (I think) made in Mexico Dana Designs Astral Plane or Terraplane (forget which) for what will probably be my last comfortable heavy load hauling backpack (I'm going to be 52). So I want to get it right.

I was a little bummed out to learn that I did not get a made in Bozeman Dana Designs pack when I bought it used from a friend about 10 years ago. It has held up alright but I feel like getting something modern and new.

I'd rather not spend $1000 if I don't really have to, if I can get something pretty great without having to do so.

I was excited to learn that Dana Gleason was making backpacks in Bozeman again a few years ago - Mystery Ranch - BUT I did not act fast enough and they outsourced to Asia again!

I spoke to someone at Mystery Ranch and he said that he would not worry about it - that current (modern) Asian made Mystery Ranch backpacks could very well be better than Bozeman made Dana Design packs of 25 years ago with the advances in materials and technology...

Would you guys agree with that?

And what other backpacks should I be looking at that will be super strong and comfortable if I still decide to carry knucklehead level weight for a week give or take?

Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire