dimanche 17 juin 2018

Questions for Hornbeck and Other Ultralight Canoe Owners

Since I'll be a new owner in a few weeks; I have some questions for those of you who have experience with these:

1. You paddled across a lake to get to your favorite Brook Trout pond and have had an outstanding day fishing. Its 5 pm in the afternoon, and you put in to paddle across the lake (that you paddled across in the morning). Over the ensuing hours, a stiff wind has come up. How do you handle crossing the lake (in regards to potentially getting swamped)?

2. I'll likely purchase the carrying yoke for my external frame pack (Its an older Camp Trails Sierra in surprisingly excellent condition). Question is what sort of distances is it needed for vs. carrying the canoe on your shoulder?

The boat I'm buying is a 12 foot, high-profile, Classic.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire