vendredi 29 juin 2018

Wildflowers in the Streptopus genus

I was hiking on the Van Hoevenburg trail up to Algonquin this week (late June) and I took several photos, of a few different specimens, of what I thought was rose twisted-stalk. One of my favorite wildflowers. Once I got back home, from my guide books, I discovered there's also a close lookalike called white mandarin. I suspect I got photos of both species -- some had clasping leaves, some didn't. I'm curious if anyone knows what the buds of the flowering portion of these plants look like before the flowers actually bloom. In my photos, there are green and green/white nodules on a couple of the specimens -- those are the ones that have me puzzled. So far, all my regular naturalist friends that I've tried to contact are on vacation and can't tell me right now! :)

Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire